Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Sherry here - We're on our last leg of our big Asian adventure and we're happy, but tired. I'm looking forward to getting back to the T dot, where I now live my boring North American life. Work... home... work... home. Seeing my friends in Hong Kong and Taipei makes me remember the crazy life I used to lead, only half a decade ago, before I moved to Canada... travelling all over Asia for work and play, hanging out late into the night, working insane hours, eating all the time, but not gaining weight the way I do in North America. Roads and buildings being developed all the time, stores coming and going, people coming and going, gadgets galore and food and more food.

Yesterday my aunt and uncle took us out for lunch at Ying Yi, which is a famous restaurant. Unfortunately, I somehow collected a bug that doesn't allow food (or water for that matter) stay in my system for long. I'll not go into gory details. In any case, I sat through probably one of the best meals of our trip and didn't get to eat any of it! Bill had to eat my fill as well. Funnily enough, I think he's losing weight... he's definitely eating fruit and vegetables, which is not his usual mode d'operandi - while doing a lot of walking.

After lunch, Dad dropped us off at Eslite, one of the biggest/coolest bookstores around in Taiwan. I had afternoon tea (well, I drank hot water and light tea) with my friend Ellen, while Mom took Bill to try out the local subway system. After an hour I started wondering where the heck they were! Mom took Bill all the way out to Tam Shui, which is a bay pretty far north of Taipei. I'm so glad that Bill and Mom got to spend some quality time together, which is also part of the reason for this trip.

The first time we came to Taipei, Bill bought himself a ping pong paddle at Gwang Hwa Market (where all the comptuers and gadgets are sold), but we didn't get a chance to challenge mom and dad, who are very good at ping pong, while Bill and I are bareful beginners. We plan to get good, so... to all you ping pong players out there... come visit us in Toronto! We have a guest room for you and we'll play ping pong.

So, here we are, sitting side by side at the free internet room in the CKS International Airport in Taipei, surfing, blogging, checking email... the way we are happiest. We had a great trip to Taipei, Hong Kong and Beijing. Hope you've enjoyed our journey as much as we have and hopefully you can join us during our next trip. Sherry signing off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home